Ailon is a real estate investment, development and asset management company. We have operations in the Nordic region, UK and Germany with offices in Stockholm, London and Berlin. Focusing on the residential, alternative residential and flexible office segments, our operations are divided into four independent property companies/platforms:
- Micro-living rental apartments in the Nordics and Germany (development-hold strategy)
- Flexible and co-working office space in the UK (development-hold strategy)
- Social infrastructure real estate in the Nordics (development-hold strategy)
- Multi-family housing in Berlin through Apeiron (Value-Add-hold strategy)
Ailon develops, owns and manages sustainable micro-living rental apartments, student rental apartments, co-working office space and social infrastructure real estate. We also acquire existing, sub-performing real estate assets, which present opportunities for a change through active management.
Our property companies/platforms are owned together with capital partners, consisting primarily of leading pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and financial institutions. Present and recent investments and developments include 4,100 apartments and commercial units, with an additional 2,000 apartments under planning or development. We add maximum value to each project through strategic planning, intelligent design, and quality construction. We constantly explore new ways to reduce environmental footprint in all parts of our operations and we set high standards for our suppliers and contractors.
We have a long-term approach to ownership and our commitments. Through specialized investment strategies and a fully integrated asset and development management team, Ailon offers its stakeholders an attractive, risk-adjusted return on invested equity.
Our team consists of experienced property and investment specialists with broad set of skills from private equity, property development, construction management, asset management and finance. This allows us to retain control of the entire investment process.
The principals of Ailon have backgrounds from leading international companies such as Credit Suisse First Boston, Babcock & Brown Real Estate and BNP Paribas, with a collective principal investment experience of over €10bn through several real estate cycles and in multiple jurisdictions.
We are committed to promote and incorporate good governance standards in our decision-making processes and day-to-day business running by creating a resilient and sustainable business in which our stakeholders can have confidence and trust.
Ailon operates as an owner with long-term perspective and takes into account environmental, social and governance issues when making business and investment decisions.
Integrated Development & Asset Management Platform /
Market knowledge and proprietary deal-flow
- Specialized platforms: Focused investment strategies create distinguished industry and sector insight
- Opportunity-led: Opportunities identified through global perspective and local networks
- Research control: Research anchored investment strategy – research plays a fundamental role in shaping investment strategies
Care, feasibility and accountability
- Discipline: Rigorous due diligence is conducted to validate screening criteria
- Accountability: Business plans focused on real estate fundamentals
- Risk control: Strong emphasis on downside protection
Discipline, knowhow and adaptability
- Alignment of interest: Investing our own capital alongside capital partners
- Rigour: Develop every project/investment with its own carefully planned business plan
- Feet on the ground: Our team remains fully-integrated every step from inception to completion: acquisition, financing, pre-construction planning, budget development, contract procurement, construction, leasing, marketing, sales, asset management and exit
- Proven track-record: Principals have extensive experience and track-record from investments in the target markets